Lunch Bunch is an informal “brown bag” lunch meeting!
Below is the Lunch Bunch Schedule for the 2017-2018 school year. On these days, SVAP welcomes you to meet for support and networking from 11:30AM-1:00PM., at the McNulty Center for Children and Families, located at 463 E. Washington Street in Harrisonburg. All whom wish to attend, may drop-in anytime during the meeting time frame.
- Thursday, December 14 – Join us for SVAP Christmas Party! Food provided.
- Thursday, January 11
- Thursday, February 8
- Thursday, March 8
- Thursday, April 12
- Thursday, May 10- Our last meeting before summer.
- Thursday, November 9 – There was no featured speaker for the November meeting. The discussion was open to any questions or topics related to Autism, plus ideas for Shenandoah Valley Autism Partnership to explore.
- Thursday, October 12 – Featured speaker was Andrea King from Valley Associates for Independent Living (VAIL). She talked to the group about VAIL’s services, and she explained some of the recent changes with Medicaid, now known as CCC+.
- Thursday, September 14 – Featured speaker was Briana Priester, BM. Ed. Briana is a music therapist with Studio Be. She discussed how instrument playing, singing, movement, and songwriting, address clinical, non-musical goals such as support for social skill development, increased communication, task completion and sequencing, increased attending, and multi-sensory stimulus response and support. Learn more about her Music Therapy program here.