Early check-in & packet pick up is this Friday, April 14th from 5:00 – 7:00 pm in the main lobby of the EMU Commons or Saturday, April 15th morning from 7:15 – 8:45 in the gym.
New registrations are available on Friday evening and Saturday morning until 8:15 a.m. We will only accept checks or cash for new registrations.
Event t-shirts are only available to participants who registered by April 1.
* Your timing chip is on your race bib this year. There is a ticket that has your race number with your bib. Place your number in a door prize container of your choice in the gym. At the conclusion of the 5k your time will be posted in the gym. We will also have race times posted at www.valleyautism.org afternoon on race day. Or you can download phone app called “BIBS”. The download is free on Google and Apple.
* Bring cash or a check. There will be autism jewelry, magnets, water bottles, cups, notebooks, bandanas, cookie cutters, plus more for sale. This year we will have a silent auction. There will be a sign-up sheet for each item. When the bidding closes at 9:45 am, the person who has the highest bid will receive the item. Please prepare to pay for the item before leaving. Here are some of the silent auction items:
* While waiting for the race to begin please enjoy refreshments and entertainment provided by Jim Bishop, and learn more about Autism from our exhibitors.
* At 9:00 a.m. there will be an Introduction ceremony which will take place in the gym. After this we ask the runners to make their way to the starting line.
* We will start the runners at 9:30 a.m. and the walkers will start immediately after. Be sure you cross the finish line and then check the prize drawing tables to see if you are a winner & pickup your prize.
* Once the majority of runners and walkers return, we will recognize our volunteers, award medals to our top runners, and announce the silent auction winners.
* Dogs are allowed at the race but they are not allowed to enter any facility on campus and must be on a leash at all times. We ask that you also clean up after them.
We would like to thank all the runners, walkers, and sponsors for supporting the Harrisonburg’s tenth Annual Race for Autism. We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday, and we hope that everyone has a fun, safe time! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Directions: From I-81 North: Take Exit 245 and take a left at the light. Continue straight on Port Republic Road to cross over Rt. 11 (South Main Street). Note:Port Republic will become Maryland Avenue. At the intersection of Maryland Ave. and South High Street, take a right at the light and continue north on route 42 (Rt. 42 will turn into Virginia Ave).After several stop lights, take a left onto Mt. Clinton Park and take a right onto Park Road. University Commons will be on your left hand side (look for balloons).Parking: If you park in the lot in front of the Commons please stay until all walkers are done since the end of the course is through the parking lot.
From I-81 South: Take Exit 251 and turn left (south) onto US Route 11. At first stoplight, make a right (west) on Mt. Clinton Pike. Continue through two more stoplights (crossing railroad tracks) and turn right onto Park Road. The University Commons will be on your left hand side (look for balloons). Parking: If you park in the lot in front of the Commons please stay until all walkers are done since the end of the course is through the parking lot.